It's pretty easy to see that I've been doing a lot of self-discovery (I seriously could be camped out in the self help section at Barnes and Noble)...and I just kind of need a break.
So, for today. Randomess.
1. Two year olds are sneaky. Last week, probably four different times, I walked into the living room to find some version of this:
For those of you who don't know, Sam has a gluten/wheat sensitivity, so finding a bag full of cookies (that aren't gluten free) like this is serious trouble.
Upon closer inspection, though, I discovered, he didn't actually EAT any of the cookies...
He ate the frosting out of all of them. Later, after I stashed them "out of his reach", he went back and finished the rest of the bag. He is a lot more resourceful than I thought. I've also caught him IN the pantry with a bag of Oreos and this morning he managed to open a mini Snickers and eat it before I got out of the bathroom.
I should add that none of these are foods I normally even have in my house. Most were there because I was creating a stash for our friends who watched the kids while we were in Colorado. (Liz, I bought the SKITTLES for YOU!) (She didn't even open the bag!)
2.The critters keep coming:
3. My husband is the best teacher I know.
He's expressive and thoughtful and puts concepts into words kids can understand without talking to them like they are idiots. I love that. Here he is at the egg hunt, talking to the kids about Easter. He's pretty insightful on his blogtoo.
4. This picture cracks me up. Most often, this is what The Hobbit really looks like.
I think it's the hair.
5. I'm wondering why I think tilting my head will make my face look less pudgy in photos?
6. This is what my kitchen looked like last week when I was sick.
I HATE when my kitchen is messy. I admit, every Sunday it looks like this too. And I'm not sick. Just sleepy.
7. Another instance of The Hobbit sneaking something he shouldn't... from the Valentine's bag this time:
Too bad it made him gleeful.
...and I have a TV crush on one of the characters.
9. I finally hung one of my paintings in a room that doesn't belong to a child.
10. I love my organic delivery.
but I was a little frightened by the grapefruit...
11. Adam's set up a recording spot in our house (just until we can finish a room in the basement...)
...and I love it. After work and on the weekends (really just in these little pockets of time) he writes and records here. He wrote a praise and worship song last week that has got to be my new favorite song ever. I'm trying to get him to burn me a "scratch copy" just so I have it. (Are you picking up on my hints, Adam? I know you're reading...) :)
12. Ethan is too big for his Big Wheel.
13. Ethan isn't big enough for the elliptical.
That's about all the random I've got for today.
Hope you're having a good Thursday!