Loving a lot of new things today.
Here's the short list.
I know they're intended as a gift wrap kit, but all I'm thinking is scrapbook pages, mixed media collages & wall art... The giveaway goes through this Friday so hop on over and leave them a comment today! And if you don't win, here's the link to The Gilded Bee...just leave a little for the rest of us, okay? Those trims are to die for!
2. This past weekend, the theatre company we write for held auditions for The Great American Tall Tales.
While on their site, we discovered that three of the school day shows are already SOLD OUT! Before the cast list even went up! This is the first time Adam & I have written a show and handed it off to someone else to direct, so we are beyond excited. (And also incredibly jealous. SOMEday we'll direct it ourselves!!) Please pray we find a great deal on airfare so we can zip to Illinois in May and see the show!
3. Super exciting news in my "professional life" that has me beyond excited...but can't quite share yet. I am over here giggling at the thought that I have a "professional life." I know I should probably start seeing myself as a grown up, but deep down, I still feel like a kid, bed piled high with dolls and stuffed animals...
4. The tickets are booked and my best friend is heading out to see me in April!
I haven't seen her in over three years! That's really unacceptable, no? We finally made it work and at the end of April, we will be hob-knobbing with a masseuse, a nail technician and the fine folks at the flea markets and antique stores of Fort Collins. I cannot wait.
5. I ordered one of these bags for Sophia's birthday:
My friend Sasha makes and sells them in her etsy shop. She posted one on her blog and I emailed her right away. Sophia is really into owls and I love the idea of getting her custom-made goods for her birthday! Isn't it adorable? Sophia's has a red gingham body...it's super cute!
6. Adele. I know, I'm the last person in the world to discover her, but holy darn.
Girl can SING.
You probably can't see the entire thing and I can't get it to post smaller so oh well. I tried to play it for Adam last night, but when he didn't look up from his brainless computer game to utter his "Uh, that's great." I knew he didn't have any appreciation for my new-found music love.
7. Finally, I'm hoping to hear a little news on this guy today:
It's funny because every time I see the outside I try to imagine ways to make it cute. It's not really, ya know? It's sorta blah. And being a two-story house lover, it does nothing for me. But then I imagine the possibilities on the inside...and the space (room to spread out!)and I have to stop and catch my breath.
And remind myself that while the counter offer implies that our offer was accepted (they only changed the closing date), we don't have the official word. Any prayers would be appreciated. Knowing that the kids school has a gifted program (for the ARTS) just about sent me into a giggle fit. Cross your fingers that we hear something today!!
So that's a bit of what I'm loving today.
Just a smidge.
There is so much more to share...
...but for now, I have a novel to whip into shape!
Have a great Monday!