The next day Sophia made her own version with my scraps.
I scrapped that all on the floor since my room is in shambles and my product is in the garage. No matter. It was therapeutic.
And now, I have some random thoughts for the day.
1. Sometimes I hope a blog post will strike a chord and I'll hear lots of feedback in the comments section. This is not one of those posts.
2. I've started using professional-speak with my kids. Often you'll find me saying things like "Please acknowledge." (Which is usually met with a slow as molasses "Yes, ma'am..." and then a pout.)
3. Unpacking shines a light on a lot of things. Like how you need to pay a little closer attention at the grocery store.
I've never even used Paprika.
And four cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk? I remember making one dessert that called for this (I admit, it's probably the most fattening, gooey thing ever, but it's really, really good...) but I haven't made that in years. WHY do I still feel drawn to these little of high fructose corn syrup?
And I beg you, tell me, who eats chicken out of a can?
I'm preparing for my bomb shelter. That's what it is.
In other news, we don't eat kidney beans either, but they're making an appearance in this shot as well.
And I've decided for the next three months we're not eating sandwiches. Only wraps.
For a family that has only had tacos maybe three times in eleven years, this is bordering on insanity.
4. Speaking of insanity. Doing dishes and having this pop up in the kitchen window is enough to scare anyone into the sanitarium...
6. I watched Adam "catch up" on my blog the other day. He only reads the posts in which he is featured. And then he laughs...not at my commentary...just at his own wacky antics.
7. And he skips the "deep posts" saying "Eh. Too deep for me." (P.S. I did not even SEE Sophia when I was taking these pictures.)
8. You know that song "Shave and a haircut?" That's the theme song I'm assigning to my husband. Fer reals.
9. I never say things like "fer reals" in real life.
10. And really the only thing anyone cares about, let's face it! I'm giving away this beautiful book:
And if your name is Cathy Derouche, you are one lucky lady because you won! This is Cathy's comment:
Oh I love giveaways and this one is awesome!