10. I love when my kids go outside to play, but I cannot stand the way they smell when they come in. Something about the summer heat + their sweaty bodies doesn't sit well with me.
8. Yesterday I told Sophia and the neighbor girls "You guys really stink" before I could censor myself. Whoops.
In my defense, they really did stink.
7. I have a secret movie crush on Jason Bateman. I'm not sure where it came from because during his "Valerie's Family" (or whatever that show was called) days, I actually didn't like him...but then Mr. Magorium happened and I've been prone to J.B. crushes ever since. This weekend I watched "The Switch" and it got worse. Dry + Sarcastic = Pure Awesomeness.
6. Sophia would spend every waking minute on our neighbor's trampoline if I let her. Some days I seriously consider letting her. And then I realize she's entering the phase where she wants to be with her friends more than us and I call her home for no good reason.
5. This always backfires.
4. I'm starting to wonder why my older kids find it necessary to argue with their 3 year old Hobbity brother. I mean, really? He's 3. (I usually stop wondering at the exact moment I find myself arguing with him. He's obstinate, that one.)
3. I did seven projects for my papercrafting book this weekend and I actually like them. I'm getting really exciting to see this one come together! It's been fun getting back into it...and my scrapbook room almost has a floor. When I'm going to paint the walls is a whole different issue. My painting days feels over. At least, I want them to be.
2. I'm on day four of no sugar/starch/dairy (which I don't eat anyway.) I'm eating mostly fruits, veggies and meat (and eggs, if I want them, which happens to me like, twice a year. Not much of an egg fan.) The first day was easy. The second? Considerably harder. The third? Worse. The fourth? Getting better. I know once I get the junk out of my body I'll feel so much better and am thinking of permanently adapting a "no starch" diet. I'm trying to decide if this means I should give up coffee as well (I know, I go through this monthly)... but when my favorite mug broke, I wondered if that was a sign...
This is my mug (on the left) next to a normal sized mug (on the right.)
(Adam superglued it, but it's a little wobbly. I drink one of those in the morning and no coffee the rest of the day.) I have no idea how this is affecting my body, but I'm wondering if giving it up to find out would be smart. (I've been here before...)
1. Adam just walked in after performing his third installment of "The Sound of Music". His grand entrance into the house TERRIFIED me and I'm still trying to get my heart out of my throat. Excuse me while I go perform the Heimlich maneuver on my own self.
How about you? How was your weekend? I'm hunting for some new blogs to read so if you have one, leave me a note so I can check it out!