Oh, friends. What a weekend. I'm in crunch-time for several projects I'm working on and yes, that means the house is starting to fall apart again. It's in these moments I almost back a dumpster to the garage and start chucking stuff into it.
I'm just ready to part with the clutter.
And the less I have to clean, the better.
I didn't really.
The good news is that slowly but surely, I'm crossing things off my list. Which makes me wonder if everyone lives with their to-do list on a pedestal. And if so, do they also leave things off of their list like "Buy Halloween Costume?"
Because I sure do. Thus, explaining our 8 p.m. trip to that god-awful Spirit Halloween store last night where I soon discovered that everything on the "Tween" wall should've been on the "Trollup" wall...and how do you explain to your 10 year old that you don't want her looking "slutty"?
At any rate, she's going to be a punk rocker. Not to be confused with a "Punkin' Rocker" which is what was my suggested. That got me a lovely eye roll, but I still think it's darn clever.
Since I'm short on brain cells, I'm posting this fine evening all the Facebook statuses I wanted to post this past week but didn't. I love a good list almost as much as I love when Sophia's underwear accidentally gets put in my pile.
There's nothing that boosts the self esteem quite like trying to squeeze into a ten-year-old's panties.
Before I get myself into real trouble, here's my list. In no particular order...
10. I wish the mailman would post a note on the outside of my box: "Don't get too excited, there's nothing in here but junk."
9. Everytime I talk on my phone, I gross myself out with the residue my cheek leaves on it. (Does this happen to everyone else? My skin isn't even oily, and most days I don't wear makeup so...what is that??? ew.)
8. I love that Sophia's after school snack of choice is a salad.
7. I love my agent.
Everytime I talk to her, I want to post this on my Facebook. I am the luckiest girl in the world. And I get to see her this weekend, which is a real treat given that normally I only get to see her once a year!
6. I secretly love mac & cheese. Not the kind Paula Deen makes either. The kind you get from a box. One bite makes me sick for the rest of the night, but if I could get rid of my dairy allergy for a day, I'd totally kill some Kraft M&C.
5. I talk to Adam more when he's out of town than I do when he's here.
Oddly, our frequent conversations made me think that he was pining away for me while he was in Chicago a couple of weeks ago.
Really he was doing this:
3. The cover of my book is almost finished. I can't WAIT to show you. It releases February 1st and yes, I'm ridiculously excited. :)
2. I want this shirt. I wish it came in a size other than a 5T:
1. There are just no words for this:
As a sidenote: I just this second remembered while we were at a church event on Friday night, Sam got chocolate on that shirt that I haven't yet washed. The same one he has to wear in an hour to go trick-or-treating.
Mother of the year.