Today I'm talking a little about my writing journey over at the Brave Girls Club Website.
I'm sure you've heard of Brave Girls Club. Yes? I'm going. One of these days, I'm going to get out there and get my hands all painty and explore my life and how I can make it better. That image at the top is one of Melody's and it appeared at precisely the time I needed it most.
Funny how that happens.
It's amazing to me to see how God has used this writing journey to teach me so very much about myself... about the things I need to keep working on...day after day, I learn something new. Like how to lean on other people. How to accept the help of others. How to admit to myself and everyone else that there's no way I can do it all.
Oh, I pretend for awhile...but when I do that, it all comes crashing down on me.
Today, on this reflective Saturday (I wrote this on Saturday), as I prepare to head out to the Barnes and Noble here in Loveland for a book signing, and my nerves are amped up and I'm scared, I think about the things I know for sure...
So here's my list: 5 Things I'm Learning...thanks to my debut novel:
1. God is always going to come through for you. No matter what. Even if it feels like the midnight hour. Even if it feels like he's forgotten you. I promise. He hasn't. Lately, I keep hearing the same phrase echoing in my mind... He has me in the palm of his hand...
2. Sometimes compliments are more jarring than criticism. They're scary because they bring out a different kind of insecurity...the kind where you want to sit down and explain to everyone that they're mistaken. Don't they know how frazzled you really are? Don't they see that you're the mom who forgot the permission slip? Again.
3. Just at the time when you're sure you cannot go on for one more single solitary second, someone jumps in and throws you a rope. If there's no rope, then you can do it...even if you feel like you can't.
4. When you put out a "fleece" and convince yourself it's biblical, you might be mistaken. Some experts say this is actually a sign of an immature faith. (When you discover this the day after putting out a fleece, it's especially fun.)
5. You can't make people run to amazon and buy your book. And as much as you want to, you can't give them away...all you can do is be thankful...so thankful...that you have this opportunity...and then you can pray that God gets a hold of it and does what he wants with it.
You can't worry about what you can't control...
I'm learning, my friends...so much and so fast...and other things...REALLY slowly. Ha. But in honor of these many lessons, and in honor of my "Someone Threw Me a Rope" post at Brave Girls Club, I want to give away a copy of my book, A Sweethaven Summer...
How do you enter? Simply leave me a comment and tell me...what lesson are you learning lately?
To sweeten the deal, I'm also going to give away a spot in my new Big Picture Class, Scrapbooking Your Faith...
(Click on image for more information!)
AND a copy of my first book, Scrapbooking Your Faith:
For additional entries:
1. Facebook a link to this post OR to "A Sweethaven Summer" on amazon!
2. Tweet a link to this post or to "A Sweethaven Summer on amazon!
3. Blog about either of these things.
4. Sign up for my newsletter by clicking HERE. (I promise not to spam you. Cross my heart. I'm thinking 2-3 newsletters a year. I won't tell you if we get a new puppy or anything like that.)
Also, I want to tell you that my sweet friend, Vicki Boutin has done a very brave thing herself...she's written this book:
Click on the image and find out you can WIN her new book...and come back here tomorrow for a very fun Sweethaven-inspired project from Vicki! (I can't wait!)
:) Thank you. I'm feeling extreme gratitude today and I want to say thank you. I'd love to send you my books and see you in my class, so be sure to leave a comment today! :)