I do know that it's important when blogging to have some semblance of a point...even a theme or group of topics you regularly write about.
This is one area where I often break the rules.
I think I'm unfocused.
Today, all I have is a list... because there's just too much going on to make sense of any of it.
1. We spent the better part of the weekend negotiating an offer we put on a house in Illinois. I'm not ready to discuss all of that yet, but believe me, when I can, I will. I have a big mouth.
2. Adam left the house Friday (I think?) morning...or maybe it was Saturday... and saw this:
The High Park Wildfire in full effect. While I'm glad we no longer live in the rental house for many reasons, this weekend I added this fire to the list. It's really close to the foothills in Fort Collins, and so is this fire. So far, it's burned over 37,000 acres, over 100 structures and they're saying there is no hope of containment.
We're south of the fire, on the west side of Loveland, but there are so many homes, the fire is burning out of control, and I have no frame of reference for something like this. Can they stop it from engulfing an entire city? How? Can we help the people who are being evacuated? If we were evacuated, what would we bring and where would we go?
It's really scary right now. While I don't feel like our home is in danger, it's rapidly encroaching on the area where we lived last year...and we (especially my kids) have friends up there.
If you're the praying type, please pray for rain. Lots and lots of rain.
3. This weekend, I got a text from a weary traveler. My best friend Mindy and her family were forced to stay over night in Denver when their plane was delayed out of Seattle.
They were just coming off of a 7 day cruise. For years, we've been talking about getting the kids together again... and I have NO photos to prove to you that we did. They couldn't be an hour from where we are and us NOT secretly pack clothing and swimsuits and secretly drive our kids to a hotel where we promised "Lots of fun"...
I do have photos to show you that our kids stayed up VERY late...
They were not fun to deal with on Sunday, but it was worth it. We have few friends I could go that many years without seeing and pick up like we'd just hung out the day before...but these guys are like that. Our whole family had a blast.
Even when Adam asked the too-young-to-be-acting-like-grown-ups couple in the swimming pool to stop making out and groping each other, our friends didn't run the other way in embarrassment.
(Since when did Adam get so bold?...and when did I stop caring if he embarrasses me?)
4. I read a REALLY good book to and from Illinois on the plane. (This is when the 2.5 hour delay worked in my favor.)
Susan Meissner is one of my favorite authors, and she wrote this amazing book called A Sound Among the Trees. The book blends a contemporary story with a Civil War story, and Susan, of course, does this beautifully.
I was equally as engrossed in both stories, and found myself completely intrigued. The thing is, the book is so unique, and the historical tie-in is fascinating. I HIGHLY recommend this book! I loved it.
5. I get to share another Unity Stamp project today over on the Unity Blog!
6. Finally. I love this guy. We have been through some CRAZY times and moving back to Illinois in two weeks and all that entails ranks right up there.
But papers need to be signed before I can spill the beans.
Pray for rain for Colorado, please. We really need it.