Finally time to talk DETAILS about this here Scrapbooking Challenge. In case you've been wondering, you can watch my trusty video...or just keep reading. I tend to be long-winded when I get excited about something.
Today is the last day of inspiration projects for the Sweethaven Scrapbooking Challenge. You'll see by today's piece that scrapbooking doesn't necessarily mean scrapbooking. We're not picky up in here. If you want to get your paint on, like my good friend Liz Hicks, well, we are happy to include that as part of this challenge!
Look at Liz's Sweethaven-inspired mixed media piece...
Sweethaven is largely about forgiveness...it's a theme I've dealt with in my own life and one I think we can all relate to. It's hard to give, hard to accept...just all around hard. And it was Liz's inspiration to create this gorgeous, vibrant work of art.
Liz says, "In forgiving... we allow ourselves the gift of being true to who we are, and not allowing others inflictions to alter us in any way. Giving forgiveness allows our heart to grieve if needed yet also heal, and let go of resentments. Forgiveness is the first step towards true healing."
You can see more about Liz's project today on her blog and be sure to check out her new My Craft Channel program, Everyday Creative! (Ahh! I'm so excited for her!) :)
Now, about that challenge I'm issuing...
You know I've written a few books...and in an effort to spread the word, I'm giving YOU a challenge. It's super easy. Here are the details:
1. Create a Sweethaven-inspired scrapbook page, art journal page, mixed media piece or whatever else you want. You can use your own inspiration from the books or use one of the projects I've posted over the last two weeks as inspiration, either way!
2. Post your project online somewhere. Facebook, Pinterest, your blog. You must include the words "Inspired by A Sweethaven Homecoming" on your entry.
3. Come back and leave me a comment on THIS POST with the link so I can take a peek!
4. Have this done on or before Wednesday, August 29th.
5. Sit on pins and needles to see if you've won... :) (Winners will be announced at my Facebook Chat Party so if you haven't joined me on Facebook, you can easily...right HERE. I give things away there too. :) )
Speaking of winning...here are just a FEW of the prizes that will be up for grabs!
My books...even the one that's not out yet!
A spot in Brave Girl Art School! Ahhhh! I cannot WAIT to give this away! How fun will this be?? One of you is going to be sooo lucky!
This gorgeous necklace from Beth Quinn Designs. If you aren't familiar with Beth's gorgeous jewelry, check out her website now. She makes one-of-a-kind items that are absolutely stunning. Plus, she's just a really sweet person. I like sweet people.
On second thought, I'm not sure I can part with that necklace...ha.
Then, of course, we'll have gift cards from some of my favorite places like:
And I believe I have ONE more copy of my e-book, Step Up Your Supplies
Also, you KNOW I'm throwing in some serious scrapbooking goodies. I'm still collecting prizes, so this is just the tip of the iceberg.
What do you say? Will you join me?